Monday, January 30, 2012

Playground is closed

Snow covered and poor focus.

I am still shooting with my old prime lenses, but about ready to give up... at least for now.  This time it is a Pentax Super Takumar 35mm f2 lens, a wide angle on my Pentax, but "normal" focal length on my APS-C DSLR.  But even at f8 I was not able to get an acceptably sharp image (click the photo for a slightly bigger version). Perhaps my eyes are not as good as they once were (true) but also the DSLR has no micro-prism focus aids, so I just cannot seem to get sharp focus.

I guess it is back to my Canon lenses.  But maybe a prime is in my future.

PS: If you happen to peek at the EXIF metadata you will see that it is not accurate because the Takumar lens does not communicate with the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment