Monday, July 9, 2018

Waiting for the fireworks

It's been almost a month since my last post. The good news is we survived the move but are far from settled. We are living in a sea of brown cardboard boxes for now but making progress. I finally got my computer back up... now if only I could find my computer glasses so I did not have to tilt my neck north.

We did take some time to see fireworks as is our tradition (I met my wife on a July 4th weekend many years ago). We had a great spot on Jacksonville beach near the pier. Unfortunately the weather changed very quickly and two minutes before show time the sky opened up and the rain and wind ensued. It was a mad dash to the car but by then the rain had slowed so we watched from the comfort of the car (if sitting in drenched clothing is considered comfortable). But the view was not bad and we felt we had taken part in something that was part of our new community.

2 comments:

  1. John, Welcome back to blogging. You have been missed. Good to know your move went well. You caught nature's own fireworks display in those clouds. Enjoy getting settled in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that you had said you were moving, but didn't realize it was "right down the road!" We've been to Fernandina Beach but not to Jacksonville. We may need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete