Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Shoot the moon

I wasn't going to post this as it was just me playing with my old EF 75-300 lens (at 300 mm) plus a Tamron 1.4 tele-extender and some cropping. On my MFT camera I calculate an effective focal length of 840 mm equivalent (but I am not very good at math).

But the apparent Rosetta Mission landing on a comet got me thinking... we can look to the night sky and fathom the concept of going to the moon, but thinking about landing on a relatively tiny object that we cannot see (unaided) that takes ten years to get to? It is really beyond believability.

PS: As usual I have added the location GPS coordinates but "moon" only came up with Moon, PA (who knew?).

1 comment:

  1. Nice image of the moon! I've tried to shoot the moon with my 70-300 lens, but haven't been satisfied with the results yet. I'll keep trying. I found it fascinating as well that the Rosetta Mission actually landed on that comet. Simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete