Sunday, November 17, 2013

Blue heaven

I am not sure if there is heaven, or if there is, what it is like. We are grounded on this earth and can only look though the framework of our perception and limited understanding. At best it is a restricted view.

I do think that when we leave out earthly home, our spirit must persist in some form. To me, it is unfathomable that years of existence can so suddenly be extinguished.

My mother passed away yesterday after gracing this world, and my life, for 89 years.

And one thing I know, if there is a heaven, that is where she is now.

As for me, I am not in heaven, but I am blue.

6 comments:

  1. What a fitting tribute and celebration of your mother's life. I offer you my prayers and condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, this is a beautifully expressed post at a sad time. My sincere condolences for your loss. I'm sure your mother is in a better place, heaven or wherever spirits go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother some years back (she was 58) just before the birth of my first child. It's a difficult time indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry for your loss, John. My mother died a few years ago at 91 - she probably would have lived much longer if she hadn't fallen and broken her hip. We all thought she'd go on forever.......and that's the tough part. Even when they've lived a long, healthy life it's hard to come to grips with their passing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your loss as well, John. My mother died in 1991 and I still miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Jack, for these words, this picture.

    ReplyDelete