Friday, September 11, 2009

A matter of perspective

Dramatic sky. When you look closely you realize that those lines are a vapor trails created by a high flying jet aircraft, military jets on training runs no doubt. There are some dark wide lines, and if you look closely, there is a bright thin line.

I imagine that inside that jet it is noisy, hectic and fast.

But from my perspective, down on earth, I experience silence and the slow, graceful formation of tightly formed lines and arcs that gradually defuse and become wider and fuzzier.

So it is me and the pilot, both with different perspectives, experiencing the same thing in very different ways. It makes me realize that what I see and feel is not necessarily the same as others around me. And when I understand this, it helps me accept those who's perspective is different than my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment